Finally, OnePlus released stable Android 9 Pie for OnePlus 5/5T based on OxygenOS 9.0.0 update. This update includes everything first introduced with the Open Beta, such as a refreshed UI, Pie’s new gesture navigation, Gaming Mode 3.0, and more. Also included is the December 2018 Android security patch.
The biggest change coming in OxygenOS 9.0.0 is obviously the brand new UI for Android Pie. On top of that, users will be able to take advantage of a bunch of new Pie features such as gesture navigation, adaptive battery support and more.
After a couple weeks running in a closed beta, OnePlus has opened up its Android 9 Pie update for the OnePlus 5/5T to any willing participant. The new update is the first public taste of the actual OxygenOS-customized version of Android 9 Pie, as early builds during the Developer Preview stage didn’t have a full suite OnePlus tweaks and additions.
The update size is about 1742MB and will see a gradual roll-out over the coming days. The update will be delivered as an OTA for users on the stable software path on the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.
Android 9 Pie for OnePlus 5/5T Changelog…
- Updated system to Android™ 9 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (Available for OnePlus 5T only)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
- Other new features and system improvements
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- Integrated Google Lens mode