You will be able to Learn How to Install TWRP Recovery And Root Lenovo Z5. Today we are here with Detail guide on Lenovo Z5.
The advantage of Root Lenovo Z5
- Installing custom ROMs.
- Remove preinstalled crapware.
- Blocking Ads in any apps.
- Install incompatible Apps.
- Keep the latest Android OS.
- Change skin for your Android.
- Boost your Android device’s speed and battery life.
- Make complete backups of your smartphone.
DISADVANTAGE of Root Lenovo Z5
- Root can brick your smartphone.
- Say Good-Bye to the warranty.
- Problems with an update.
- You need to have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC for this tutorial.
- you will be required to have at least 50% battery or more in order to proceed with this tutorial
- It is also recommended that you take a complete backup of your data that is currently present on the Lenovo Z5 as this process will completely wipe the data which cannot be restored afterward.
Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo Z5
- You have to enable Developer options on your Lenovo Z5 first of all by going to Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More and tap on the build number 7 times and the developer options will be shown in the Settings list.
- After that, go to Settings -> Developer options and enable OEM Unlock option from the Developer options.
- After this, connect your smartphone to the PC via a USB cable and open the window where you have installed the ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Inside the ADB installation window, press Shift + right-click and open Command Prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- After this, your phone will reboot into fastboot mode and you have to type the following command in the Command Prompt window once again
fastboot oem unlock [Note that the above command will wipe all the data on your phone so proceed after taking a backup]
- You may be asked to unlock bootloader or not and you should proceed with Yes.
- After this, your bootloader will be unlocked on the Lenovo Z5.
Install TWRP recovery on Lenovo Z5
- First of all, you will have to re-open the Command Prompt window by Right-Clicking in the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot if you have closed the Command Prompt window after installing TWRP
- Once the Command Prompt Window is opened, connect your smartphone to PC and enter the following command to boot your device into Fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Once in Bootloader/Fastboot Mode, rename the TWRP image file that you downloaded from above to recovery.img and type the following command in the Command Prompt Window.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After the flashing process is completed, the TWRP recovery will be installed on your Lenovo Z5.
Steps to Root Lenovo Z5
- Now, you will have to boot into TWRP recovery mode on your smartphone which you have installed from the above tutorial.
- To do this, press Power and Volume Down at the same time for 2-3 seconds to boot into recovery mode and TWRP will be opened on your Lenovo Z5.
- Download SuperSU or Magisk zip file from the Downloads section and transfer it to your Lenovo Z5 via a USB cable.
- Now, you will have to install this zip file by clicking on Install inside TWRP and selecting the zip file.
- Once selected, swipe to flash the zip file and the installation of SuperSU or Magisk will be completed in a few seconds.
- After this, reboot to system and your smartphone will reboot few times which is normal and then your smartphone will reboot to system
- Now, you will have a SuperSU or Magisk app in your app drawer and you can open the app to see if you have proper root access.
- Once checked, you will have unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP and rooted your Lenovo Z5.
I hope to use to understand all tutorial on how to how to Root Lenovo Z5 Smartphone. If you have any problem then ask in the comment box. We can solve your problem.
If you liked this post share it on social (Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, Instagram, LinkedIn, Tumblr) media and consider checking out our other blog posts to stay updated with the latest Tech Content!